Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

I have a British Gas 527i (Worcester) boiler I have fitted a

Customer Question

I have a British Gas 527i (Worcester) boiler I have fitted a LP10RF programmer & Digistat + 3RF, I had to replace the existing Optimum controller & receiver due to a faulty receiver, an electrician removed the wired receiver. However , the boiler is not functioning for heating, hot water is OK. the boiler previously worked on Heating intermittently with the faulty receiver. Can you help please thanks Keith
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Optimum boiler? How old is it?
Customer: No the Boiler is a British Gas/Worcester, Optimum was the faulty RF controller & receiver fitted 2 years ago, when the boiler was repositioned. boiler unknown approx 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Optimum boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the controller started to play up in October with intermittent startup / ending of heating. No fault codes on boiler.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Are the new Controller & Digistat I have had fitted compatible with my British Gas 537i Boiler?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 10 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 10 days ago.

Hello, did the electrician install the new programmer and digistat?

Also, how did you determine that the old thermostat was the cause of your fault?