JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Just wondered if anyone knows how to wire back plate on a

Customer Question

Hi just wondered if anyone knows how to wire back plate on a brutish gas dcp 555054 programmer
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A week
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have it all lit up but the water and heating aren’t turning off
Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: In the back plate there’s LIVE NEUTRAL CH ON CH OFF HE ON HW ON HW OFF BUT THERES ONLY TWO WIRES TO GO IN THEM.DO I HAVE TO ADD A COUPLE OF CUT WIRES FOR THE CIRCUIT?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What was the previous programmer which this British gas programmer is replacing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi it was a towerchron QE1
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don’t get paid until end of month so I can only text
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello??
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Offers for calls are just adverts, sorry I wasnt available yesterday, and have just seen your response.

Did the QE1 mangae hot water and central heating or just central heating?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hot water and central heating but there was a black and red wire in number 3 and four.the British Gas DPC does it need a separate wire to turn both off?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Good evening no the Off position is in the event you wanted to have some else running such as heat recovery or solar pump when no demand for heat for the boiler.

So you only need to concern yourself at the ON terminal. There should be one for HW and one for CH

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good morning,So if both 1 to 4 connections have the ch and hw wires connected to on they both should turn off also on timed or boost.Then there must be a fault with the timer if they are on continuous?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Yes most likely the timer has a fault on the relay, if you send me a picture of what the wiring looks like I can double check its correct for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’ve put the old timer back on but there’s lives to live as they were and there’s a black wire and red for ch and hw so they go to ch and hw on ,on the new timer plate? Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

You map them like for like the black will be the natural, then the wires for HW and CH go to those according terminals and it suggests this is a switched live service so when the timer comes on the terminals become live and actiavte the zone valve.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Please confirm if I can close the question or if you need any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I havent heard from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?