JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I am trying to replace a faulty Honeywell C707 room

Hi I am trying to replace a faulty Honeywell C707 room thermostat which operates a motorised zone valve with a C727 Wireless thermostat. The Remote thermostat is communicating fine with the relay unit and the green tight goes off and on as expected. The problem is that the motorised valve does not open when the thermostat calls for heat although it does this when I used the C707
JA: Have you replaced your Honeywell thermostat or parts of it before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: Yes renown replacing the C707 with the C727
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the C707 unit which had two wires attached Live and neutral. I then connected the C727 unit up using the same two wires according to the installation instructions. I note from the wiring diagram that the two love inputs are shown linked together Do I need to put in a wire to do this?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is what I have done so far and the only problem seems to be that the zone value is not being powered up to open.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So the the C707 has been replaced with the receiver, if you press the override button on the receiver does the valve open?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok