Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I and my Wife are old-age pensioners of 80 and 81 years old.

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam, I and my Wife are old-age pensioners of 80 and 81 years old. We live in social housing flats in the UK at flat One,***** Dover Kent. CT 16 1PW. The United Kingdom. We are having problems with your Quantum 070, Series F, Storage heaters, as we are not used to the modern digital age, and find it hard to turn our storage heaters on and off. We do have Economy 7 and only wish to have them on when we are asleep. We have problems with ALL the multiple programs you have incorporated within your storage heaters. As we only need an on-off switch to come on economy 7 at night. Can you please help us to turn this night switch onto Economy 7 at night. Mr and Mrs JE Hoare. Thank you.
JA: Is your heater gas or electric?
Customer: Electric, and we have three QM 070s storage heaters.
JA: How long has this been going on with your heater? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have had the builder's electrician set them for us. However, they went off by themselves after the first night. We do have an instruction sheet and wish to program them to only come on at night at midnight, where they will turn off automatically when the Economy 7 turns off at 0730 in the morning.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the only program we need is the midnight to 0730 programs for every night of the week from Monday to Sunday. We do not need any of the others.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.

Dear Mr and Mrs Hoare

The way that Economy 7 storage heaters work is to use electricity during the night, which is cheaper, and release heat during the day. Most people want the heat during the day, and the best way to achieve this is to turn down the output control on the heaters during the night, and turn it up again in the morning. The same applies if you go out - turn down the output control, and turn it up when you get home.

It's possible that someone, like the builder's electrician, has connected the heaters differently, but if that has happened I'd need some information about that to be able to answer more specific questions about your particular installation.

Regards,
Tim Cooke

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, Your expert has helped. John Hoare
.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.

You're welcome.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 10 days ago.

Hello John, how are you getting on with your heaters?

If my advice helped you, please consider rating it on this site.