JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Heating pump won’t run on Grant combi boiler. Heating

Customer Question

Heating pump won’t run on Grant combi boiler. Heating control circuit board has been replaced and room thermostat is working but unable to get voltage reading at connection block ,for heating pump, located on top edge of circuit board. Every thing else looks ok apart from CH red light on front panel not coming on.Any ideas what’s preventing power getting to pump?
JA: How old is your heat pump? Is it connected to a power switch (on the wall or in the air handler cabinet)?
Customer: 2013 with power switch on wall
JA: How long has this been going on with your heat pump? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A couple of weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thermistors have been replaced ,temp controlled pcb and timer control unit checked out
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Whats the model of the combi?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
CombiV3 or Vortex Pro ,sorry I’m not at same location as boiler at moment unable to get in touch with anyone may be some time before I can get answer. MPCBS96 was no of new board fitted if any help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Have a look at page 49 of the manual here, you need to check all of the switches and input, you can jumper them to see if that provide an input for the boiler (eg bypass the flow switch).

Once you checked all the input you then need to check the wiring loom encase one of the wires has failed, and thats just doing a continuity check.

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

I havent heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance or are you happy for me to close the question?