Tamar D
Tamar D, HVAC Mechanic II / Service Tech
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

Why does my new electronic thermostat diplay when I have

Customer Question

Hi,why does my new electronic thermostat diplay HI when I have just connected it and the floor is cold.Kind regards Joe
JA: What's the brand and model of your thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: It is a TH232 and it is brand new
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just connected it now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is the second thermostat that I have tried,the first one did the same thing
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Please read the entire message before responding Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
The "HI" error message on the display of the TH232 means that the floor temperature is >60 degrees C or the sensor is broken.