JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev-
JACUSTOMER-4sr8huev-,
101089104

Have more info about broken storage heater now. It's a Creda

Hi. So have more info about broken storage heater now. It's a Creda Newera Supaslim TSR18CW. When switched on the bottom part of the heater works fine it's just the main part with the bricks that doesn't work?

Great. I'll just look the model up now

Ok, so I think what you are trying to describe is that there is power to the storage heater but it doesn't heat.

Storage heaters have 2 - 3 heating elements in them which when powered up generate heat which is stored by the thermal blocks and dispersed through the day at the rate you set on the controls. There are only 3/4 working parts on them, and these are available to buy as spares.

It sounds like either the thermostat or elements are faulty, elements cost around £20 and thermostats between £50 and £80 so a repair will be substantially less than a replacement.

These parts can be easily tested with a test meter and I'd be happy to give you instructions on how to do this

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks for your response, I think I will contact a local heating engineer now I know more about the problem and a repair is a viable option.

Your welcome. You'd be better of contacting an appliance engineer rather than a heating engineer though

Customer: replied 6 months ago.