JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

How can I re light the pilot light in my Logic + heat 18

Hi how can I re light the pilot light in my Logic + heat 18 boiler please.
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: It is about 3 years old, no blinking lights just a zero in the window.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has just happened today, we have really strong winds at the moment so have just assumed the pilot light has gone out, don't want to fiddle with it as we don't know what to do. We have turned off the mains and then back on again and the boiler came on but it is not firing up and has gone quiet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

What is the pressure of the system?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't know
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi I don't know the pressure, how can I find this out

Assuming its a sealed system and not vented (you dont have a tank in the loft), there should be a pressure gauge on one of the pipes going to the boiler.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
W can't see any gauges without taking the boiler apart.

The gauges should be somewhere obvious, can you see a filling loop or do you know if you have a water tank in the loft?

Its key to understand as if its a pressurised system the lack of pressure could stop it working.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We have a cold water tank in the loft, the hot water tank is not in the loft, it in the airing cupboard on the landing.

Right so its a vented system so wont have a pressure gaugue as it tops up from the tank in the loft.

So on the display what symbols and numbers are showing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It is showing 'O' which according the instruction book says that the system is not calling for heat. The thermostat is on 25 and we seem to have hot water but not heating.

Ok do you have a programmer\timer for hot water or is that part of the integrated timer on the boiler?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yeah we have a programmer/timer and both the hot water and heating are on this programmer, they should both come on at 4 and go off at 10

Ok so if you press the manual override button for HW the light should come on (showing a demand) does the display on the boiler change?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Both the water and heating lights are on

Ok so if those lights are on but you are not getting any demand, next manually open the multi port valve using the leaver on the top, and see if the boiler comes back to life.

My guess is the programmer is at fault (the relay which calls for heat isnt closing).