Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

We have a Gazco Studio 2 log NG fire which does not work, it

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Gazco Studio 2 log NG fire which does not work, it is not responding to being switched on with the remote or manual wall switch, we have replaced the batteries in both units but this does not make any difference, there is no bleeps or sound of the valves opening.. Nothing at all, would u
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: its a Gazco, studio 2, log fire, Natural gas balanced flue.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its about 12years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just happened a few weeks ago, we've had a mains adapter fitted so we don't have to replace the batteries but this has not made any difference
JA: Have you talked to an electrician about your adapter?
Customer: it was a gas safe engineer that fitted it?
JA: How long has this been going on with your adapter? What have you tried so far?
Customer: He just fitted it tonight but it hasn't made any difference
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 months ago.

Hello, if you open the camera app on your smartphone and point the remote at the lens, can you see the LED illuminate when you press a button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, no there isn't any red light showing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can we continue via message please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have a wall mounted manual switch but that also is not working the fire, could it be something in the fire not responding to them?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, are you there or does the help stop because I haven't agreed to pay further charges??

Have you established that power is reaching the Gazco appliance?

Please bear in mine that this isn't an interactive chat. It's a forum where they are natural gaps between responses.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a new mains adapter running from a working socket, so that should be working but not sure if the fire is receiving it?

Has the new mains adapter ever worked? When was the old one replaced?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When the fire stopped working we were advised to install the mains adapter as it was better than battery power and were told it should rectify the problem but it hasn't?
I wasn’t aware that you were already taking advice from someone else. I’ll opt out and let you continue with them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was advice from a gas engineer we called to the house but when he has fitted the mains adapter tonight and the fire still does not work he is unable to fix it, hence me seeking more advice from you?
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 7 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please refund the £5 payment I am not satisfied with this process or my experience last night. I will be seeking help elsewhere. Thanks