Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

I have a NIBE Fighter 1240 ground source heat pump which has

Customer Question

I have a NIBE Fighter 1240 ground source heat pump which has been installed for about 10 years
JA: Is it connected to a power switch (on the wall or in the air handler cabinet)?
Customer: I have a NIBE Fighter 1240 ground source heat pump that is showing an LP alarm. When switched back on, the brine pump and compressor run for about 3 minutes then cut out when the LP alarm comes back on.
JA: How long has this been going on with your heat pump? What have you tried so far?
Customer: several days. I have switched on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: With this alarm I cannot get any hot water. Is there anything I can do to get hot water?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 18 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I expect my answer will be disappointing, but I didn't want your question to be ignored.

The NIBE appliances are quite good, but quite complex, and there are trained specialists who make service calls to diagnose and fix them. Very few 'ordinary' heating engineers, including me, encounter enough of them to learn their idiosyncrasies.

I don't think your fault has a commonplace plumbing or heating solution, therefore my advice is that you call NIBE to book a service visit.

Let me know if you think I can be of any more help.