JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Vaillant eco tec plus 837 R1, heating fires up intermittent,

Customer Question

Vaillant eco tec plus 837 R1 , heating fires up intermittent, this happened after I changed the diverted valve which was leaking water, some weeks after, I've fitted a new wiring harness still the same fault , I've disconnected the diverter valve connection electrally and still it fires up when on drawing hot water rads also heat up?
JA: Do you have a multimeter or voltage tester? What colors are the wires?
Customer: The original was blue , brown, pink, black the new one came with orange , green, white, blue I thought this was the problem but after contacting 3 calls to Vaillant they disregarded this
JA: How long has this been going on with your wiring? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried a new wiring harness today but same result
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: One tec said to check the voltage at no 3 and earth it was only 1.7v he said it should be 240v which he concluded the boiler was ok but external fault?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

So when you say the CH kicks in your seeing the pump start even with the divert valve closed?

Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

I would start by looking where the demand for heat is coming from, and look at the programmer.