Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My electric 4 x 6 Aga is making a periodic popping noise and

Customer Question

my electric 4 x 6 Aga is making a periodic popping noise and the warming over appears to be permanently warm. Do you think the two things are related?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: it is 16 years old Aga, I thin the model is called 6:4 all electric
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried turning it off all together, that worked. but once it was on it started again. its been going on about 6 weeks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I dont think so
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

I can see that you've been waiting for a technical response, so may I first check whether or not you still have the problem with your Aga?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do still have the problem. The bottom warming oven is stuck on, the heating and cooling is making a periodic pop!
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

OK. I might have to refer you to Aga, but lets see what I can do to help first.

Is your Aga used just for cooking (and looking good!), or for heating as well?

Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, you haven't replied for a few days; do you still need help?