Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

R867A protectrelay oil burner control on my boiler. The

Customer Question

R867A protectrelay oil burner control on my boiler. The igniter does not cut out after firing and continues to spark. What needs to be done? Is it ossible to service this unit?
JA: Who makes your oil burner? How old is it?
Customer: BSA Hotspur 1960 vintage.
JA: How long has this been going on with your oil burner? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a week. Only cleaned contacts on unit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I should like it to be serviced or what replacement is suitabvle and available? please.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon

It sounds as though you need a new control box. I will check the schematic for your boiler and let you know later if I can locate the right part.