Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

How do i reset a twin booster pump set in house, its not a

how do i reset a twin booster pump set in house
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: its not a computer!! its a pump set . lowara.com
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just today
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please provide the make and complete model of the pump. Also, what's the symptom of the problem you're having with it?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a lowara.com twin booster pump set in a large house model number VG2-4HM9-LZM serial number 5378 . The pumps are 8 years old and serial number . we now have no cold mains water in the house on any tap as the pumps push this round teh house . The water tank is full of water so we know there's water coming to the house. We also know the power is working and have turned on and off .

When you turned off the power to the pumpset, how long did you leave it before turning on again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont want to switch to a live acll and would like a response if possible and if you have the expertise here. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i didnt see your reply. we turnd it on and off striaght away and didnt wait

Please read my first post - I wrote "If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. "
____

I suggest that you turn off the power, and wait for two minutes before turning on again. Don't guess at the duraion - time it accurately. If the pumpset displays any flashing lights when you power it up, make a careful note of that light pattern and frequency.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks . just tried that. alarm flashing again, 5 flashes on and off in quick succession then small gap and so on another 5 etc

You say "again", but this is the first mention of an alarm.

What is the colour of the flashing light(s)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a red flashing light ( no sound) next to what says ' alarm' . green power is on

OK. This alarm indicates that the controller has encountered a "lack of water" condition. There are three possible causes of this:

1. Lack of water;
2. Faulty external switch;
3. Faulty controller.

Are you pumping from the mains supply, or a break tank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
break tank . we dont have lack of water. thats excellent thanks. someone has just arrived to look at this and he is going to test the switches first

A "lack of water" condition doesn't mean that there is a lack of water - it's just one possibility. Don't take this the wrong way, but you can't know that the pumpset has enough water unless/until you've disconnected its supply and established that.

However, it's much easier and less messy to check the switch(es) first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks for your help. the man sorted the switch and its all working fine now !

That's very good news!

If it was a faulty switch, it might be worth you having a spare one in case it needs replacing during a future lockdown or any time when you can't get someone to visit.

Thank you for your rating, and your kind bonus :-)