Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We have a Vaillant VRC 430 controller that my mother is

Customer Question

Hi we have a Vaillant VRC 430 controller that my mother is finding increasingly difficult to use. She has had it in place fo 12 years and is in her late 70’s. Is there an analogue equivalent that we could replace it with?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: Vaillant 637
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing is going on,as I say my mother is getting extremely confused about any settings and doesn’t understand how it functions now. We are simply looking at replacing it with something that does not look like a flight deck!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t know, what do you need to know?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, I believe I understand the problem and what you need.

Please click here to see an analogue room thermostat. Does this fit the bill? It’s not the entire answer because it doesn’t provide any scheduling, so what you do about that depends on how much control you want over the scheduling, and where you want to control it from. For example, it could be arranged that you program the system over the Internet, and your mother simply controls the temperature according to the day to day conditions.

Let me know your thoughts and I’ll guide you further.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 2 days ago.

Good evening, how are you getting on with your mother's thermostat?