JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Just installed a timer fan in the bathroom and the timer

just installed a timer fan in the bathroom and the timer function doe not work, the fan stops as soon as I turn off the light no matter where I set the delay
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: expelair c4tsr brand new bought it today
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no problems until I fitted the new fan, tried swopping the neutral feed and the timer but no difference and the fan still switches off with the light
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expelair c4tsr mdel 078346

Did you connect all four wires to the fan (earth, live, switched live and neutral)?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The earth wasn't connected to the addvent fan iwas replacing
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have just contacted expelair and they are sending me a replacement fan. Let's see if that works. Thanks for your help

No problem, I cant see how the earth would have any impact on the functionality. In the majority of cases its due to no perm live being available.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!