Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I recently moved into a new house that had a Drayton lp722

Customer Question

hello! I recently moved into a new house that had a Drayton lp722 dual boiler system installed, we've been trying to work out how to reset it as the heating doesn't seem to be coming on at all, no matter how many times we think we've worked it out - could you help please?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Drayton boiler? How old is it?
Customer: neither of the two. im not sure how old, is there anyway I could check that?
JA: What have you tried so far with your Drayton boiler?
Customer: my partner has set the date and time, and then I believe tried setting times for the heating to come on but no luck
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that might be everything from our side, thank you my partner only set one time to be continuous from 9 until 6 I believe
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

I will just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi Tim! thanks for getting back to let me know :) will await your response
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

OK. Please could you tell me more about your system?

1. You mentioned dual boilers - does that mean two gas boilers?
2. What is[/are] the make and model of your boiler[s]?
3. Do you have stored hot water?
4. Do you have any underfloor heating?
5. Do you have any motorised zone valves?
6. Do you have a room thermostat?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok will answer to best of my knowledge:
1. by "dual boilers" I just mean that its for both heating and hot water (came across the info online)
2. the boiler I think is Albion - 170 litres
3. I think so, there is a tank that comes off the boiler which is smaller than the boiler but doesn't have any info on it
4. not sure - how would I find this info out?
5. not sure what this means - sorry!
6. there is a thermostat on the wall next to where the boiler is - the model for this is lp722 - sorry if that's not actually the thermostatas I said we haven't long since moved into this house, and im not that clued up on boilers!! sorry about this
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

You have a single boiler, not a dual boiler, but since you have an Albion unvented vessel your boiler is a system boiler.

Regarding underfloor heating, if you aren't sure then it's unlikely that you have any.

The motorised zone valves are likely to be near the Albion tank.

The LP722 is programmer, not a thermostat. Is there anything on the wall in the living room or the hallway, with a dial or display on it?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
okay - that clears it up, thank you! yes, one with a dial on it
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Is there a make or model on the thermostat?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello, sorry to bother you with this - my partner worked out that we just had the thermostat turned down to 10 degrees.. so sorry! thanks for your help :)
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that you have heating :-)