Jerry
Jerry, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Epa universal certification, hearth products specialized.
34748161

I was cleaning the filter on my aeg portable air

Customer Question

I was cleaning the filter on my aeg portable air conditioning unit. I set the screw on the back ledge between the two air filters and it fell down into the section of the top water collection point. With a torch I’ve looked and cannot see the screw. I’ve even tried snaking a strong magnet into the space.
JA: What's the brand and model of your torch? How old is it?
Customer: im thinking I have to take off the hard plastic cover. I’ve taken the screws out but am now feeling like I will have to force something for the external covert to come off. It’s an AEG axp26u338cw. Bough last summer.
JA: How long has this been going on with your torch? What have you tried so far?
Customer: air conditioner. Just happened. Snaking with magnet. Shinning torch down. Now thinking have to remove exterior hard plastic cover. Don’t want to break or damage.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can send photos if helpful
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tamar D replied 15 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** am your personal HVAC/HI Expert on JustAnswer
I'm sorry to hear you'ore having issues with your equipment today.
I know first hand how frustrating that can be, if you give me a few moments I will provide a response to you on your issue.Please bear with my responses, there can sometimes be a small delay.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 15 days ago.
Hope you’re doing well. I hate when that happens.Upload as many pics as you need they will be helpful for me