Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Grant combi boiler 26e the lights are on but it is

I have a Grant combi boiler 26e the lights are on but it is not firing up so no hot water and no central heating
JA: How old is your boiler? What water pressure does the gauge show?
Customer: it is 10years old. It was serviced yesterday. I have checked the pressure and raised it a little to just above 1 . I have also tried the reset button twice.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The boiler has been fine but it had its annual service yesterday. I have several holiday properties and my present guests told me about this problem this evening but they said there has ben no hot water all day.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I dont think so. The other boilers he serviced seem to be working

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

What was the pressure before you increased it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just below 1

Do the boilers share a fuel tank/supply?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they do
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have just contacted my guests to see if they wanted me to try to sort this evening or wait until the morning.

It does seem like a coincidence that the boiler failed just after the service, but coincidences happen.

Is there a backup immersion heater so that you give your guests hot water?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No.

Do you think the boiler was working when the engineer left it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I wasn't around but I know he checked the other ones and although he is new the firm has always done a good job .
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was just wondering if there was anything that I could do but otherwise I will contact them in the morning and explain what has happened.

Even the best people make mistakes. It's worth checking all electrical connections, but unless you're really going to get down and dirty with the burner assembly to check the basic there's nothing that leaps out from your description of the symptoms.

If the system is using a 3-port motorised valve then it could possibly be a fault with that.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Many thanks. I think I will just have to wait for the morning.

Thank you for your rating :-)