Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My meter is set morning and night but when the programmed

my meter is set morning and night but when the programmed time is finished or lowered it starts again can you help?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I have numbers like TP4000 -5000Si/tp5001+RF
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just turn the boiler off and turn it on later
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just for it to work at set times

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

The TP5000 (and similar products) are programmable to suit your living and working pattern. What are the event times and temperatures that you have programmed at the moment? Press the Prog button to step through the settings.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
set 7/1030 am 1900/2230 21 degrees
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no phone call to expensive

Each event time should have a temperature associated with it. Are you saying that it's 21 degrees for all four events?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

OK. And you're trying to alter the programmed time, or the temperature?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No it started after the summer switch off
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what i would like is it not to come on other than the set times

The way that this thermostat works is to regard each time setting as an 'on time'. There are no 'off times'.

For each time, you need to decide what you want the temperature to be, starting from that time. If you want the heating to be off, you need to set the temperature low, for example 15 to 18 degrees. The temperature then won't exceed that, and if the house is well insulated the heating probably won't come on until the next event where you set the temperature at 21 degrees.

So, for example, program it like this:

07:00 : 21 degrees
10:30 : 16 degrees
19:00 : 21 degrees
22:30 : 16 degrees

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
but mine 10.30 morning and night
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
or if you prefer 10.30am and 22.30pm

I don't understand. Why can't you change the program to the settings I've just suggested?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i could but i dont want it, my wife is invalid and she needs the house warm

OK. So why can't you change the settings to be the ones that you want?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i think i said the timer works ok during the set times but it starts again after that time as if i want it on all day I cannot afford to be on all day

I don't know what you mean by "it starts again". Can you be specific, with exact times and temperature?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I dont want the settings daily changed but as soon as the setting are ended the heating system start again and comes on when we have to go out
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it still at 21

OK. So it isn't behaving how you expect. What time do you go out?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if i am in the house i can turn it off completely but not if my wife has to go to hospital or other
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
times vary as per appointments, very difficult especially this days

Are you saying that you know how to turn down the thermostat but your wife doesn't?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
my wife has many problems about walking or other results of strokes
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
where possible i dont leave her alone
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
at the moment she is in a nursing home and i would like this problem sorted out if possible or fit a new one

I can help you to sort it out, or help you to choose a new one.

If you're generally in the house before you go with her to the hospital, could you not turn off the heating at that time?

Another idea: there are products that you can control from a smartphone App, so you could turn the heating up/down/on/off from outside the house. Is that something you'd find useful?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sir i dont posses a smart phone only payg i am 81 years old and not very adept with tec writing to you is hard enough, If you can help please do or can you or someone change it minding the cost

I can change it for you, if you aren't far from me, and I can help by finding the right product to suit your needs.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
keyworth in notts ng12 5lj No16

Well, you're not very close, but I'd like to help, so if you can't find anyone local then let me know. To make arrangements, you can email me at : *****@******.***

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can you suggest a firm or person near me if you cannot do it?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
where are you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
also where to get a new one unless you send me it

I'm in Hertfordshire.

For someone closer to youl, if you have a gas boiler then start by calling the person who last serviced the boiler. If you have a different type of boiler then it's a matter of using Google or the Yellow Pages. The best way to find someone is to ask a friend or neighbour who has used a heating engineer and can recommend them.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is a worcester comby
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if you can come i will pay petrol and else in cash, come any day including sunday ????

Please don't post your phone number here, because this is publicly visible, but you can email it to me and I will call you. *****@******.***

Thank you for your rating, and your kind bonus :-)