James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

We have a gazco logic hotbox and convector fire but the

Customer Question

We have a gazco logic hotbox and convector fire but the pilot light won't come on.
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: It's nearly 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have not used it since early spring. Followed manual instruction for igniting it but no joy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It hasn't been serviced yet
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 24 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 19 days ago.
Hello,I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time? Thank you for your patience,Nicola
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your fire?

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Start by checking you have power and gas flow to the fire, if you do thats as much as you can do before needing a gas safe engineer to strip the fire down and check the jets and valves.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!