Tamar D
Tamar D, HVAC Mechanic II / Service Tech
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My heating downstairs has gone down and every time I press

Customer Question

my heating downstairs has gone down and every time I press the up button to increase the temperature nothing happens. please help
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: it was installed in 2013
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5 days. I have tried turning it up but nothing happens
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** am your personal HVAC/APPLIANCE Expert on JustAnswer.
First of all I would like to thank you for using JustAnswer
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your equipment today.
I know first hand how frustrating that can be if you give me a few moments I will provide a response to you on your issue.

Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.

Hello there. Hope you are doing well today, what sort of heating does your home have?

Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, based on the information you have provided I would like to give you a general answer to your question.
If this does not solve your problem or you need additional follow-ups please respond here with the information I requested and we can troubleshoot your problem further.

Answer:

While I need the heat type that you have, and a little more information. I can offer you a general answer. Some problems can be solved by cycling the power on/off to the unit. (Via the Mains)
If this doesn't work, there could be an issue with the thermostat, or the heater itself (boiler/furnace/heat pump) depending on what you have.