Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have difficulty controlling the heating system. i can not

Customer Question

I have difficulty controlling the heating system. i can not change the tempreture level. and the heating is on full 24 hours a day. although i have shut down the hot water and central heating still the radiators and boiling hot. what can i do.
JA: What's the brand and model of your central heating?
Customer: well i dont know i am just a tenent. as far as i know its a brand new boiler system.
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number for your central heating; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your central heating? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its been like this for a long time i think but just today found out its not controlable. i can have look and see what make it is. its in the kitchen. if wait a minute i will be back.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: shall i find out
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 21 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of the problem with your heating. I will just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need. Please bear me with as it's quite busy here this morning.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please let me know the make and exact model number of the

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 21 days ago.

I have some questions:

When was the boiler installed?

House or flat?

Could you estimate the date that the problem started?

What is the make and model or the boiler, and the programmer, and the thermostat?

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 21 days ago.

Good evening, I haven't heard back from you so I can provide only a general answer.

A very common point of failure in heating systems is a MZV (motorised zone valve). If you have a system boiler then you probably have at least one MZV. These have three main components that can easily become defective, so it's often best to start the investigation there. Let me know if you need any guidance with that.