James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I HAVE AN OIL FIRED COMBI 70HE PROBLEM IS WHEN I TURN ANY

Customer Question

HI I HAVE AN OIL FIRED COMBI 70HE PROBLEM IS WHEN I TURN ANY HOT WATER TAP ON IN THE HOUSE THE FLOW OF WATER IS SLOW, IF I GIVE THE COLD WATER TAP A QUICK BURST/OPEN AND THEN CLOSE IT, THE HOT RUNS OK, WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS THIS HAPPENS WHEN THE CENTRAL HEATING IS ON AND ALSO WHEN IT IS OFF, SO I AM THINKING IS THIS THE FLOW SWITCH WHICH HAS A SMALL PADDLE AND MIGHT BE STICKING UNTIL I TURN ON THE COLD WATER AND GIVE IT A QUICK BURST TO GET THE HOT WATER GOING
JA: Who makes your faucet? How old is it?
Customer: HI THE BOILER IS 6YRS OLD
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I HAVE JUST SENT MY MESSAGE
JA: Who makes your faucet?
Customer: BOILER IS A WARMFLOW
JA: How long has this been going on with your faucet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR SOME TIME SAY 3/4 MONTHS, I HAVENT TRIED ANYTHING AS YET BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WEATHER ITS THE DIVERTER VALVE OR MAYBE THE FLOW SWITCH
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Is this the same on all hot water taps?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thanks i will sort it, i have already paid the company who put be in touch with you any way thanks for emailing me back.
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

No problem, if all taps are effected it does appear there is a flow restriction and probably suggests the bypass valve which routes water via the heat exchanger is the problem.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!