James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My worcester boiler runs the shower with hot water for about

Customer Question

my worcester boiler runs the shower with hot water for about 90 secs then switches it self off
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: boiler is 6 years old and havent seen any of the above
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about a week and we get the hot water up by the tap in the sink then run the shower ,the water does not run cold in the sink,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the shower is a stand aone unit and it has a rain fall shower ,foot unit and a 6 spray back unit.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
25si compact
Expert:  James replied 22 days ago.

Where the boiler is providing a hot water feed to the shower and your finding water goes cold after 90 seconds but get a constant hot water for longer when leaving the hot tap running its more likely to be the thermostatic valve in the mixer tap of the shower than the boiler, the only potential cause I can see on the boiler is a lack of flow making it switch off as its not detecting demand.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
thank you for your answer.