Airheatman
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My AUBE TH232 thermostat generally works fine, but

My AUBE TH232 thermostat generally works fine, but occasionally the display goes blank, and is only restored by switching power off and on. I replaced the unit, and found that the new unit did the same thing, although less frequently.
JA: Where in your home is your Aube thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: It is in the conservatory. The second unit is only 4 weeks old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aube thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started about 4 months ago. I replaced the unit (and upgraded to the 232 model) 2 months ago. it was fine for a while, but now is doing the same thing.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else that I know has changed in the system. It has functions correctly for about 15 years. When the system is reset now, it works correctly.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Heating and air conditioning has been my specialty for 46 years , so not much I can’t solve if given the opportunity. Please acknowledge each of my replies even if you are unable to perform a certain task I ask you to or if you were hoping for a different answer. Together I believe we can solve this and find the best solution for you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello.

Grabbing a manual

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok

Thanks for your patience. I wanted to check manual before answering. The display should stay on at all times on this one. The only reason it will go off is because of lack of power.It is also unlikley that two thermostats would be bad .The most common reason for this is a defective circuit breaker or loose wire. I would start by making sure wires are tight at breaker, then if so replace the circuit breaker.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ok