James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My combi boiler installer company seems to be having

My combi boiler installer company seems to be having problems with getting the Honeywell Home thermostat working with the boiler as the new Vaillant EcoTecPlus VUW GB does not seem to be triggering to ignite at the set up times
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: the boiler is brand new and has just been installed a week ago and there are no blinking codes on the boiler
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since the second day it was installed I just need to know whether this is a boiler problem or if this is a
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sorry I just need to know whether this is a boiler problem or could the thermostat be faulty . The boiler installer says he will install another thermostat later today when he comes as you woul take 3 or 4 days to come and have a look at the thermostat. Is that true
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your thermostat?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It is a Honeywell home T4, T4R & T4M thermostat that what the little book reads
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry can we continue online please
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please can we continue on by email or is this not possible?

To confirm when they short the A and B demand for heat terminals does the boiler start up?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I hope I have not been deducted £16 for this as I said I would correspond by email. I no longer require any info

Questions about billing should be directed to customer services

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

However with regard to the fault it sounds like the Honeywell programmer has been incorrectly installed, this can be proven by shorting the demand for heat wires if the boilers starts up then this confirms there is no fault on the boiler and the focus can left with checking the demand for heat is getting from the stat to the receiver.

Have a good day.