James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a Baxi 105e boiler which is about 12 years old and is

Customer Question

I have a Baxi 105e boiler which is about 12 years old and is getting very "weary" - do you still have these our is it a different model now please? Martin
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Baxi boiler?
Customer: No, but the hot water is not constant!
JA: How long has this been going on with your Baxi boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a landlord and the maintenance sub contractor states that it is the heat exchanger etc and not worth repairing????
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: As stated earlier - do you still make the 105e boiler?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

If you are in a hard water area its probably just scale and you could try and descale the heat exchanger but that would still require a gas safe engineer and probably cost 3/4 the cost of a new heat exchanger.

Where this is effecting your tenants taking into account the boiler is 12 years old I would say its more economical to replace the entire boiler than replace the heat exchanger as other faults (pcb, pump, sensors etc will start to fail in short order).