James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My vaillant solar station was making a very very loud

Customer Question

Hi my vaillant solar station was making a very very loud continuous noise
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: i will look
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: inhave no idea it’s just vaillant solar station noises on and off for a week or so but really loud today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The pressure gauge that connects to it is on 0 bar and I think it should be on at least 2 bar
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
The noise could well be the pump, there should be a filling loop to re-pressurise the solar array.

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

In reality if you are seeing the pressure having dropped to 0 start by filling back up and seeing if it maintains a pressure of around 1 bar, if that drops then get a service engineer out as its likely the PRV has failed and letting way by.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can see the two valves where you can re pressurise but I don’t have a hose thing to go between the 2
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

You can pick up the filling loop hose from tool station or screwfix if you go in and ask its a standard BSP screw fitting.