James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Re my boiler: It’s just started to make a dripping sound. On

Re my boiler:
It’s just started to make a dripping sound. On investigation, I see that there is a vertical tube with an inspection “window” in it and this is where the dripping is occurring. Some scaling round the window indicates that dripping/splashing has occurred here before.
What would you advise?
Thank you - Penny

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Where you are seeing dripping this sounds like it could be the PRV which is a release valve in the event pressure exceed a certain point.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi James this is the inspection window. I notice that there is in fact constant dripping (hence the scaling I guess) but it is no longer making a noise... Any thoughts?
Penny

This device is known as a tundish, its designed to show when water is being let by due to a pressure release valve letting by.

You need to call a heater engineer to check the pressure on the expansion vessel and the pressure release valve.

James, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you James