Airheatman
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Can the screen on a Honeywell CM921 thermostat be repaired?

Customer Question

Can the screen on a Honeywell CM921 thermostat be repaired? Mine isn't legible any longer.
JA: Where in your home is your Honeywell thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: The receiver unit is, I believe, installed in the loft adjacent to my Glow-worm Ultracom combi-boiler. I keep the programmable thermostat in my living room, but occasionally take it into the bedroom. My central heating system is about 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few years ago, the LED figures in the display began to break up, and I've been coping by keeping the thermostat in a plastic bag with some silica pouches to absorb the moisture. Now, however, although the figures are intact, the screen is grey and the figures are barely visible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 14 days ago.

Have you rep[laced batteries?

Expert:  Airheatman replied 10 days ago.

The screen unfortunately can not be repaired. It will need to be replaced.