Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a home are 2 appointment scheduled for 11June21

I have a home are 2 appointment scheduled for 11June21 (after three delays). However, my Vaillant Ecotech boiler keeps shutting down with a fault code of F62 which according to the boiler manual indicates either the gas valve could be stuck open (or close) or a pcp problem. An on-line search tells me of the dangers of relighting the boiler if the valve is stuck open as this could result in a build up of gas in the boiler with dire consequences. Your advice please.
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: I don’t understand your answer. Nothing is frozen, my boiler keeps shutting down with a fault code of F62 - gas valve malfunction.
JA: How long have you had your F62?
Customer: 2 days but repeated occasions (5 times yesterday and 3 so far today).
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Resetting boiler by pressing the relight button. This works but only for a short time.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it safe to keep manually relighting the boiler?

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I’ll help you today.

You’re correct - F.62 does indicate a gas valve problem.  Either the valve isn’t closing when it should, or the PCB isn’t correctly detecting the operation of sensors in the boiler.  Either way, the fault needs to be diagnosed and fixed by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

In the meantime, since the ability of the gas valve to close is in doubt, you shouldn’t use the boiler.  It be wise to close the gas cock on the supply to the boiler, which is just underneath it.

This is a nuisance - sorry. So the sooner you can book a visit the better, of course.  Do you know who to call?

Tim Cooke,
Experience: Owner at Self-employed

Thank you for your rating; I'm glad that I could help.  I hope that you've been able to find an engineer.
I hope you enjoyed your experience with JustAnswer.
Have a wonderful day :-)