Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I am planning to install the Honeywell evo home. I just

Customer Question

Hi I am planning to install the Honeywell evo home. I just wanted to know what do with the dial thermostat in the hall and the programmer that controls the on off and timing of the heating. Not the timer / programmer only controls the heating. I get continues hot water. I live in a flat that supplies the hot water
JA: Do you know the model of your Honeywell thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Drayton dial
JA: What have you tried so far with your Honeywell thermostat?
Customer: nothing just resource Just wanting to know what will be required
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not as far as I am aware. Does the main radiator in hall need the smart tvr?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I’ll help you today.

You’ll need a room sensor - sometimes called a room sensor by Honeywell.  Can you tell me which Evohome product(s) you’re planning to buy?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am happy to wait.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

57 min ago

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tim. It will be the Evahome.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Evohome is a suite of products, so I’m still not clear what you have.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am looking to get the control panel and their smart TVR’ for the living room, bedroom and bathroom. Does this help?
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

OK. Since your plan doesn’t include having a room thermostat, the central heating will be ‘on’ during the periods that schedule using the controller. During those ‘on’ periods, The boiler will provide heat only when called for by one of the 2TRVs. When those two rooms/spaces are up to temperature, all of the radiators in the house will cool down. This has no effect on the hot water function.