Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

There seems to be water coming from my boiler, the cupboard

There seems to be water coming from my boiler, the cupboard is wet
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: not as far as I can see. The boiler was installed in 2014,
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is the second time it has happened. The first was some years ago. I have a Home Care plan with Scottish power. Their engineer cam out at that time but it was several days after the leak and as he could not see where the water was coming from assumes it was blowing in from the rain outside.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have felt around the boiler and the tray at the bottom is full of water, no side or a leak in any of the pipes, nor has it been raining. Am afraid to let the heating or hot water come on.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I’ll help you today.

It’s unlikely that a small leak represents any danger, so I expect it will be ok for the boiler to be used. So that I can give you specific guidance, please tell me the make and exact model of the boiler.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have tried to switch to phone call but being told you do not have my card details, I gave this at the start of this process.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The boiler is Greenstar CDi Classic Regular Worcester Bosch

Without knowing the model, I can give you only general guidance. The most likely source of the leak is an automatic air vent, but it could be the expansion vessel or even the heat exchanger. I recommend that you book a visit from a Gas Safe registered engineer who can diagnose and fix the fault.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** a Home Care plan with Scottish power so will call them tomorrow.

That’s a very good idea. Let me know if the visit throws up any follow-up questions, and I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you for your rating; I'm glad that I could help.
I hope you enjoyed your experience with JustAnswer.
Have a wonderful day :-)