Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I had a Vaillant Ecofit Boiler installed Nov 2020 .It

I had a Vaillant Ecofit Boiler installed Nov 2020 .It stopped working several times and the original installer attended .In Dec2020 it stopped again showing F72 fault .This was dealt with by Vaillant under the guarantee . At end of Feb it failed again and Vaillant changed two internal thermostats and indicated it it failed again it would the pump or the external valves at fault. . It has failed a further 5 times always showing F72 fault. The pump is about 2 years old . If it is the pressure at fault why does it show F72 every time .? It restarts without difficulty. Should I call Vaillant again under the guarantee?
JA: What happened just before your boiler displayed this message?
Customer: It works Ok then cuts out showing F72. The display shows the temperature when working.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Vaillant changed two thermostats in Feb and the boiler worked Ok till 1st May and has since failed on 3rd,6th ,7th, 9th May. I have a DAB pump but the Vaillant engineer reckoned a Grundfos 15-50 pump would be better.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Vaillant reckoned we should have changed the two , Hot water ,CH valves and the pump when we installed the boiler . But if it is an external fault why does it show F72 ??

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

You might be just within the six month period where you can reject the boiler.

Who sold you the boiler. and what was the date of installation?

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

You might see automated adverts for phone support. I'm not available for a phone call today, but we can continue via this Q&A topic.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Installed early Nov 2020. Still under guarantee.

Yes I understand that it has a manufacturer's guarantee - I'm not talking about that. Depending on the exact date you have a statutory right that it very powerful, hence I'm asking the date of installation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
commissioned 7.11.2020

OK. Unfortunately you're just outside the 6-month period.

You will have to rely on the Vaillant warranty. I have a customer who went through a lot of pain to get an entire replacement boiler, but succeeded in the end. In the meantime Vaillant replaced every single component inside the boiler and yet the problem remained.

Keep a diary of each time it shows a fault, and the code, and each you call Vaillant, and of every action the engineer takes. If the problem goes on for too long without being resolved, write a letter to Vaillant asking them to replace the boiler.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK Thanks

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed your experience with JustAnswer.

I do hope you get a good and speedy response from Vaillant.