Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a new gas boiler (installed about 7 months) that my

Customer Question

I have a new gas boiler (installed about 7 months) that my Shower and domestic hot water run off. The shower over the past week or so has just been producing warm water as opposed it its usual hot water. The hot water in the kitchen and bathroom sinks are fine. Would have any tips on what the problem could be.
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler?
Customer: No
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just in the past week. I have checked the thermostat settings on the boiler and they are turned up to their highest level
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. In this case, since your hot water from the taps are fine, and the shower isn't, then the problem is likely to be the shower.

What is the make and model of the shower?

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, I haven't heard back from you.  If you need more assistance, please let me know.  If you would like advice specific to your shower, then let me know the make and model.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Doesn't have any specific name on it. It is a chrome fitting with the hot and cold water supplies going into to it with one side with a turning nob that changes from a hand held shower outlet to an over head down shower. The other side nob regulates the temperature from hot to cold. The pressure is quite high in the shower and I was thinking that possible it could be either the cold flow has too high a pressure or that the hot flow has too low of a pressure. Would this make any sense?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

I understand your thinking. Two questions:

1. Are the supplies to the shower valve at mains pressure, or gravity-fed, or pumped. or something else?

2. Could you attach a photo of the shower valve? Not a close up!