Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I changed battery’s on my Drayton wireless RF3 but now it

Customer Question

Hi I changed battery’s on my Drayton wireless RF3 but now it not linked to the Drayton digstat Scr What do I do
JA: What device are you trying to connect?
Customer: the Drayton wireless to th little box next to the boiler digistat SCR
JA: How long have you had your RF3?
Customer: abt 11 years the battery’s needed changing as it was low flashing
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as I don’t know what to do last time I rang the help line and they told me what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

It's more than likely that it's just a glitch. The most reliable way of sorting that out is to do the following:

1. Remove the batteries [again].
2. Power off the receiver.
3. Wait for at least 10 minutes.
4. Before you re-fit the batteries, take it to be within one metre of its receiver unit.
5. Power on the receiver.
6. Fit brand new batteries to the thermostat.
7. Carry out the re-binding procedure.

These are just some first steps, so please come back to me if the problem persists.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.