canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Lochinvar 200 boiler pilot light off restarted with button

Customer Question

lochinvar 200 boiler pilot light off restarted with white button and ignitor but as bsoon as release white button gas flow goes off?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Lochinvar boiler? How old is it?
Customer: No errors maybe 3 to 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lochinvar boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only discovered today tried to reignite with white gas button and manual igniter this works until you release the white button
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no normally very reliable
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. I know you have been waiting for a while for a reply so I will provide an answer now in case it will help immediately with your issue. Please follow up with any questions or updates and I surely will continue to assist. There is no time limit to your reply so surely reply when it is the most convenient. I may not be online when you do, so please know I will reply at the first opportunity.

The issue is the thermocouple that will have to be replaced. This is the component that senses the heat from the pilot flame so the gas valve will stay on.