James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Honeywell Accentra / Optima Ade Gener, My Accenta Optima

My Honeywell Accentra / Optima Ade Gener
JA: Do you know the model of your Honeywell HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: My Accenta Optima Ade Gen4 which is 5 years old , over the weekend we had a power cut and the alarm went off unable to silence alarm but when the power came back was able to silence. Bought new battery changed but the key pad display is no longer showing any details just black squares any ad v
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell unit? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just changed new battery until the power cut everything was working on the keyboard date time etc but now nothing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Alarm still works but keypad no details?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

It certainly sounds like the backup battery had caused the alarm to sound when the mains power failed, where the display on the control panel is incorrectly showing I would start by checking the fuses on the PCB and also power cycle it (disconnect mains power and battery) then connect the mains power and attach the battery.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had already done this and every thing is okay. Got detail from another on line forum