Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My boiler needs fixing I think the pub needs replacing. Is

Customer Question

My boiler needs fixing I think the pub needs replacing. Is there a Vaillant boiler repair man who could fix it please?
JA: Have you replaced any part of your boiler before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: The expansion vessel a few weeks ago but my plumber said he thinks it’s the PCB . Error message on boiler says F.61
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For about 3 months. Pressure bar keeps increasing, no hot water, having to bleed rad 2 large jug fulls and then press ignition button 3 or 4 times to get hot water. Jump in the shower and water goes cold in 30 seconds often.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would like a Vaillant technician to come out and troubleshoot to identify problem properly and fix it please
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 13 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

If you think the problem is the PCB then almost certainly your best option is to use the Vaillant fixed price repair service.

If the pressure is increasing when the boiler is off then the filling valves are not shut properly. The PCB doesn't control the system pressure.

To book a fixed price repair, visit the following web page and click the link below "Book a fixed price repair":

https://www.vaillant.co.uk/homeowners/repairs-servicing/repair-options/

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks very much Tim. I will contact them tomorrow
Expert:  Tim JA replied 13 days ago.

You're welcome. I hope you can book them for a visit soon.