Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Baxi Pottertom boiler and it's not working, Error

Customer Question

Hi I have a Baxi Pottertom boiler and it's not working
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Potterton boiler? How old is it?
Customer: Error code and it's flashing E125
JA: How long has this been going on with your Potterton boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's 2 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has just happened today. I've tried resetting it a few times
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was told I would get an answer in 8 minutes
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Waste of £5 this.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I get a refund
Expert:  Tim JA replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'll just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need. Please bear with me as it's quite busy here this afternoon.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 17 days ago.

Error code E125 indicates a problem with circulation in the primary circuit. Resetting the boiler is unlikely to help, and could cause an additional problem.

A problem with circulation could be down to a failing/failed pump, but that's not the only possible cause. How old is the installation (apart from the boiler)?