James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I've got a error code 4 on my Daikin boiler - no flame

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a error code 4 on my Daikin boiler - no flame signal. Any ideas?
JA: What happened just before your boiler displayed this message?
Customer: Hj-11 error message on wall mounted control. Was working yesterday, nothing different
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just since last night. Powered it off and on. Tried resetting on boiler
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  James replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
It suggests you have already looked up the fault code meaning (no flame signal) on page 95 of the service manual here, have you gone through the checks to determine if you have gas getting to the combustion chamber and ignition?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No thanks
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Where you have not gone through the checks, as this is a gas appliance you will need a gas safe engineer to attend and get them to verify the gas valves opening, you have a spark at the electrode and flame sensor is working.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.