Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Honeywell CM907 thermostat. Usually, when I turned

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Honeywell CM907 thermostat. Usually, when I turned up the temperature above the ambient room temperature it would make a clicking sound. This is not happening anymore although the flame light is on. However, there is no heat coming from my radiators. What can I do?
JA: Where in your home is your Honeywell thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: It is installed in the hallway. We live in a one bedroom lower ground flat. The flat was part of building that was converted into flats in 2018. We bought the property in May 2019
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 days. I have tried re starting the boiler and re pressurised the system but to no avail.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has been working fine so far. I have contacted Baxi (The makers of my boiler) and they could not help unless they were on site. The seemed to believe it is an issue with the thermostat and not the boiler
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello, is there any more information you require from my side?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to Just Answer.

The absence of a click means that the miniature relay is sticking.  This heralds the retirement of your CM907, although if you unmount it and tap the relay you might get it working again for now.

If you end up replacing the CM907 then this is a good opportunity to get a smart thermostat, so that you can control your heating from a wireless thermostat and an app on a smartphone.