Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

How much will the parts cost for replacement of a leaking

How much will the parts cost for replacement of a leaking pressure vessel on a Vaillant Gas Boiler EcoTec637? including gaskets
JA: Have you replaced any part of your boiler before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: no, but my boiler is about 9 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The pressure keeps falling and I need to turn on my water pressure tap , next to the boiler to build the pressure in the boiler.It was been going on for about 3 months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is now 2.45pm .....any progress please?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

The expansion vessel for your boiler should cost you £100-£120. The part number is ***** The only gasket you need is a fibre washer, and I can't remember if this comes with it, but they're available cheaply at any plumbers' merchant.

Has anyone checked that the EV has failed? It would be shame to buy a new one and then find that the fault is elsewhere.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am definitely satisfied with your reply. However what does an EV failed mean?

EV == expansion vessel.

Have you actually seen water dripping from it?

Good morning.
I see that you've given me a negative rating for my assistance.  Could you help me understand what more I could have done to help you?  I am happy to provide  more assistance if you need it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i gave you an excellent rating

That's kind of you :-)

If I made a mistake, I apologise. I received a notification from JustAnswer of a negative ratring, timed at 16:52 on Friday. Is it possible that you inadvertently clicked on 1 star instead of 5?