Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a 3000w Dimplex night storage heater that I am unable

I have a 3000w Dimplex night storage heater that I am unable to control. the control knobs have sheared off at the neck. can I get these replaced?
JA: Is your Dimplex heater gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It is electric. Installed around 1997.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dimplex heater? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The heater was set to max charge rate and delayed discharge because the Power supplier provided timed charging periods each night based on weather forecasts until they changed my meter two years ago. Since then I have tried to find spare knobs and attempted to use the broken ones, both to no avail.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I live in Limavady, Northern Ireland, 20 miles east of Londonderry. The heater fell over when it was almost new as we tried to reposition it, which is how the controls were broken.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I can help you find replacement parts. To do that, I need the exact model number of your storage heater, and a photo that shows where the knobs have sheared off.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.