Airheatman
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Put in new batteries for my cm707 thermostat still don’t

Put in new batteries for my cm707 thermostat still don’t work
JA: Who makes your thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: Honeywell, 5years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just noticed last week just pressing buttons
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No sorry

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Heating and air conditioning has been my specialty for 46 years , so not much I can’t solve if given the opportunity. Please acknowledge each of my replies even if you are unable to perform a certain task I ask you to or if you were hoping for a different answer. Together I believe we can solve this and find the best solution for you.  I am working on several projects so allow a few minutes for me to reply between our correspondence. Note: You may be offered a phone call for an additional fee to discuss this with a technician along the way. This is a site generated offer and I am usually not available for phone calls. If you accept the offer, another expert may call if one is available .Meanwhile we can continue here.

Sorry you are having problems with your thermostat.

Do we have display just ac or heat not coming on or is thermostat blank?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thermostat blank

You can try removing the batteries and installing them backwards for 10 seconds, then putting them back in correctly. Sometimes when a digital thermostat is not operating properly this will reset the little board inside. This may NOT work and on rare occasions may cause thermostat to start smoking. If so do not panic just remove batteries. Worst case scenario is that you need to replace a thermostat that is not working properly any way.

If that does not help the thermostat has taken a power spike and will have to be replaced.

I will be happy to help find a replacement if needed.