James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a gas fire ready to be installed, but the height of

Customer Question

I have a gas fire ready to be installed, but the height of the hole out to the chimney/flue is LOWER than where the pipe on the back of the heater is. Is this a problem?
JA: What's the brand and model of your heater? How old is it?
Customer: Nestor Martin - approximately 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your heater? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not relevant
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
A survey should have been conducted to ensure the correct flue system was ordered, typically if your vent on the fire is higher than that on the chimney then works will be needed to open up the chimney to allow the flue to connect higher up. As the flue can not go back on itself, all angles need to work their way up.

I would suggest you send a picture with a tape measurement to your gas fitter so they know in advance what is needed, as I suspect they have not taken this into account.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.