James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Honeywell thermostat won't light up (turn on). all

Customer Question

my Honeywell thermostat won't light up (turn on). all circuits are on so it's not a general power cut. The model is Honeywell ST699
JA: Where in your home is your Honeywell thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: It;s in the kitchen cupboard and probably between 15-20 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just noticed it when the house started cooling down and the boiler didn't fire. I've tried resetting the circuit breakers and switching the heat and water sliders on and off. The clock is blinking but I can't reset it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I looked at my boiler and it didn't need a reset.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Where the boiler has power but the timer is showing no sign of life, it sounds like the programmer may have developed a hardware fault, however it may be worth resetting the programmer.

On the right hand side below the display there is a reset button you can press with a pin, press and hold for 5 seconds and then see if the programmer comes back to life, if it does not then a new programmer is needed and can be sourced here, and is plug and play no wirring needed.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.