Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have problem with my gas boiler suprima 30. Today I

Customer Question

Hi I have problem with my gas boiler suprima 30. Today I switched off electricity and when I switched back I can't start my boiler. it's flashing orange and green light. I tried to reset but nothing happen. I'm not sure if I did correctly or what else I can do?
JA: What happened just before your boiler displayed this message?
Customer: Nothing all was working fine
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just couldn't start the boiler after I switched off an electricity. I just tried to reset
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when I start the electricity there is sound inside like ventilator or something but when I on a hot water or heating nothing happend
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Firstly, I would avoid powering it off and/or resetting it.

The Suprima has had a chequered history, with some boilers lasting very well, and others being scrapped early in their potential lifespan. There have been PCB upgrades over the years, so that's a possible problem, but if I had to play a hunch I would check the APS tubes and venturis. Whilst this isn't a major task, unless you're experienced at working inside the boiler casing it's a best left to a Gas Safe registered engineer.

When was the boiler last serviced?