Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have bought a new TP5000SI unit to replace my old one but

Customer Question

I have bought a new TP5000SI unit to replace my old one but it doesn't seem to pair with the reciever
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: The thermostat is a direct replacement for the old unit
JA: Have you replaced your thermostat or parts of it before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: It's the whole thermostat, the same one as the old one
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The old one worked but was intermittent so we bought a replacement, we've followed the instructions to pair the Tx & Rx but neither unit gives any indication of sending or receiving a signal, the reciever will turn the boiler on if we press the ch1 button but doesn't work from the thermostat
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, it just looks like some sort of connectivity issue
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 7 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your thermostat problem. Are you absolutely certain that you've bought the RF edition of the TP5000Si?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
After going through the frequently asked questions we saw that loads of people had the same problem as the wired version has the same name, we opened it up & sure enough it isn't the RF tx unit so we are returning it, thanks for your response
Expert:  Tim JA replied 7 days ago.

You're welcome.

In case it's of interest. my personal preference is for Honeywell products - I find that they last longer than the Danfoss units. The nearest product to the TP5000Si RF is the T4R. Or you could go one step further and upgrade to a smart thermostat :-)